General Boat Schedule
Monday to Friday: 9am-12pm, 1pm-5pm, 6pm-10pm (please call the camp office at 468-6262 for a boat run)
Saturday: By arrangement. Call the camp office for a boat run.
Sunday: 3pm-5pm for campers. Staff boat runs are before noon, but specific times are predetermined by the director on Friday’s.
Boat Transportation for campers to the Island is between 3:00 and 5:00 pm unless otherwise noted. Please do not arrive early unless you have made arrangements beforehand.
Note: Registration takes place on the island – see below for more information
|Camp||Arrival Time||Departure Time|
|C.I.T. Camp||6:00 – 8:00 pm||1:00 – 3:00 pm|
|Staff Training||5:00 – 7:00 pm||1:00 – 3:00 pm|
|Island Adventure 1||3:00 – 5:00 pm||1:00 – 3:00 pm|
|Island Adventure 2||3:00 – 5:00 pm||1:00 – 3:00 pm|
|Girls Adventure (girls only)||3:00 – 5:00 pm||1:00 – 3:00 pm|
|Boys Adventure (boys only)||3:00 – 5:00 pm||1:00 – 3:00 pm|
|Beginners||3:00 – 5:00 pm||1:00 – 3:00 pm|
|Discovery||3:00 – 5:00 pm||1:00 – 3:00 pm|
|Family Camp||6:00 – 8:00 pm||1:00 – 3:00 pm|
|Teen Camp||3:00 – 5:00 pm||1:00 – 3:00 pm|
|Island Adventure 3||3:00 – 5:00 pm||1:00 – 3:00 pm|
|Island Adventure 4||3:00 – 5:00 pm||1:00 – 3:00 pm|
Registration begins at 3:00 PM on Sunday (unless otherwise stated).
Please do not arrive before 2:30 pm as before this time – the Caton’s Island staff need to prepare for arrival. Uniformed staff will be there to greet you and to help carry luggage. A typical arrival day will look like this:
- You will arrive at our boat landing where you will be greeted.
- You will then be shown where to park.
- You will carry your luggage to the boat dock and wait for the next available boat.
- When you arrive on the island, you will proceed to the main house for registration check in (everyone goes through registration)
- Once through registration you will proceed to the medic’s station where you will discuss a medical questionnaire. All medications are given to the medic at this time as well.
- Next is the head check for lice. In the event that we discover lice/nits, the camper will have to return home. Due to the difficult nature of removing lice/nits, the camper may not return to camp that week, however, a refund or rescheduling the camper for another week will occur. It is recommended that you check your campers a couple of days in advance for lice before coming to camp. If we discover lice mid-week, we will notify the parents/guardians of the situation and ask them to pick up the camper. We will also notify the parents/guardians of children who have come in contact with the camper who has lice.
- Lastly, you will meet one of the counselors from the camper’s cabin. They will help take the camper and their luggage to the cabin. You will have the opportunity to talk to the counselors who will be taking direct care of your camper for the week.
NOTE: It is important for the parents/guardians to stay until the camper has gone through registration. Please do not drop off your camper and leave immediately.
Camp ends after lunch on Friday. Departure is between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm.
- Same routine as arrival at the landing.
- Parents are expected to come to the island to pick up the camper.
- Campers must be signed out.
- Your campers luggage will be on the beach.
- You will also have a chance to look through the Lost and Found items.
- If an unforeseen incident delays your arrival at camp or you need to arrive early, please phone the office.